How to Forgive Yourself A Summer Series, Day 4
10 Reasons you should forgive yourself.
Satan doesn’t want you to forgive yourself. Why? Because he wants you held in bondage to the past and to your hurts so they will never leave you. He wants you to remain stuck. Then Satan whispers lies into our ears like:
• How can you possibly forgive yourself?
• You are nothing but a failure.
• Who gives you the authority to forgive yourself?
• Just think of all the horrible things you’ve said and done.
• You’ve done too many bad things for God to love you.
• There’s no way He will forgive you.
• You don’t deserve to be forgiven.
• You are not forgiven. That was just an emotional moment.
Satan will always want you held in shackles and chains; therefore, do exactly the OPPOSITE of what he wants you to do. You know you will be in safe territory when you do. If you hear something ‘negative’ in your ear, then it’s Satan talking; and if he is talking, he’s lying!
John 8:44, “Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.”
Susan Bolinger - Bloom Ladies Ministry